Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Resolution

Yes, I said, resolution, singular, as in, just one. And it is...

To de-clutter my life.

This single motto will apply to many areas of my life.

In my home: If it isn't necessary, or isn't used at least once a month, it will not stay in the house and take up valuable space. If it doesn't have a home, it will have one that is easily accessible and organized. This concept also applies to junk food.

In my life: Any activity will be productive and not merely for show, because I couldn't say no, or a time-suck. Working out stays, singing group goes. All church activities stay (and some might get more time) as well as quality time with friends and families. Other extra commitments go.

In my relationships: Currently, I don't think I have any so-called "toxic friendships". However, if such a one should develop, I will detach myself and not allow it to drag me down. I know this sounds really harsh, but there is just no need for that kind of nonsense.

So, there you have it. A simple concept, easy to remember, and hopefully I'll be able to follow through this year. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment