Thursday, January 19, 2012

Post-Op

Well, surgery went really well. It was a little, okay a lot, weird to be strapped down to an operating table with 7 people buzzing all around me and draping me, hooking me up to monitors, scrubbing my face and then doing surgery on me. I kept my eyes closed but would open them occasionally. It felt like one of those scenes in a movie where the patient keeps coming in and out of consciousness and looks up and sees all the doctors with the masks and the bright lights. To keep myself still and calm and not freaking out, I kept thinking about the precious boy under my hands folded over my belly. Then I'd listen to my heart beat and pulse ox on the monitor and wonder what my BP was. I don't know how 30 minutes passed that quickly, but I'm so thankful it did. Not that it was an all together unpleasant experience (except for the 5 mL of lidocaine injected directly into my lip), but just soooo strange.

I do feel much much better about my impending delivery at this hospital. I received impeccable care and everyone from the check-in nurse to the recovery staff was excellent. The paperwork, pre-registration, and discharge was super easy. It was clean and everyone was just soooo friendly. I feel really great knowing that we will be surrounded by such caring, professional staff during one of the most blessed (although sorta scary) days of our lives. Also, whenever a baby is born at this hospital, they play a lullaby over the intercom- I can't wait to hear it when it's our turn!!!

Also, Scott's Grandpa outdid himself again today and sent me flowers. The card read, "For a loved one under a heavy burden." He thinks I work too much and that this surgery was a really big deal- which it really wasn't, but everyone has made such a fuss over me, we'll just see what happens when our son gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment