Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wiggly Baby

Two things reaffirm an expectant mother like nothing else:

1. a brand new, cute baby bump, and

2. "quickening"

Dear Son,

You are a very active little boy, and you only weigh a pound! You definitely have a schedule and stick to it pretty regularly. I notice that you get to moving around 11 am, 1 pm, 9:30-11:30 pm, and I think sometime around 3 am. I have been waking up for no apparent reason around then every night for the past two weeks, but last night I think you rolled completely over or did a flip which puts a lot of pressure on my belly. Then, you got the hiccups, your most recent accomplishment. I was a little uncomfortable and I'm a light sleeper, so I laid awake for a while amazed at your little body developing perfectly as God is forming you. I'm told that the hiccups won't be too cute for much longer and will make me feel like I'm the one with them. Also, your twisting, turning, kicking, and jabbing is going to get a lot more forceful and painful for me- but all a sign that you are growing and healthy and strong.

I'm sure you move around more than I recognize, but those are the times that I can expect you to be active. Sometimes, I just feel a ton of pressure in one area or another and you are either stretching or turning completely over. Mostly, it's just jabs. Also, sometimes I can tell that your whole body is on one side or high or low. Last week, I was sitting on the couch, enjoying feeling you move around, when I noticed that I could actually see you moving my tummy. That, of course, fascinated me. Daddy saw it last night. He's a little freaked out by being able to see and feel you (kind of like you are an alien) but it's all new to him and he'll adjust soon, I know.

Oh little boy, I am so excited to get to meet you and hold you, but I already know that you are going to be hard to keep up with. I bet you run everywhere like your Daddy did when he was little (and older). I can't wait!

With love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment