Thursday, August 16, 2012

5 Months

Stop growing up, little boy!

I don't know how you do it, but you keep stealing more and more of my heart daily. You have changed so much and month 4 has definitely been my favorite so far.

It's been a very big month for you! You made your maiden voyage to the Frio River and got "baptized" in that sacred swimming hole. You love to swim! We stayed with cousins Franklin and Kathleene and you had a big time with your other cousins Victoria, Isabelle, and Whit. The car ride was, um, rocky, and wore us all out, but I think we broke you of your aversion to car seats, because the next long drive we took went just fine. We had also traveled down to South Texas to celebrate the 100th birthday of your great-great Aunt Jency Runnels. She is my grandmother's sister and looks incredible for her age. Also at that party was another little baby named Coleman that was born on your birthday. He is Cousin Jeff's cousin, so we're not really related, but it was still neat!

We took a DFA trip to the yearly YC meeting down on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. You were a trooper and got Mommy out of most of the boring meetings. We showed you the Alamo, but you were more interested in the water, the ducks, and all of the lights, sounds, and people. You were a perfect kiddo in the car ride there and back- I couldn't have been more proud of you!

G-mama came to visit, but had to cut it short because Mommy and Daddy got sick, and then a few days later we gave it to you (so sorry!). It was great to have her here to take care of you and you played and read books and told her all of your secrets. We managed to go shopping and got some great stuff for your room, though! Sorry your nursery isn't quite finished, but it's coming along great and I will have it done by the end of the month [if Daddy will help me :)]
You started back to daycare near the end of the month to give Nana a break before school started. You seem to really like it there and are getting back into the swing of things pretty well. I'm not sure you nap all that well, because you don't sleep as well as before, but I know that you are well taken care of!

My favorite thing about you right now, though, by far, is your hair.

It defies gravity. It is soft and white. It's getting thicker every day. A-mazing.

You look more and more like your Daddy every day and I was struggling to find something that resembles me. I think your eyes are more like mine than his. But then I noticed you have cellulite in your little thighs- yep, definately got that from me!

Your new accomplishments include:
- intentionally reaching for and grabbing things
- sitting up for longer amounts of time, although you still prefer to be held
- sleeping longer stretches (that is, until we went on vacation)
- going to sleep without nursing
- talking, singing, and laughing more and more

And, the most exciting thing for Mommy is.... (drumroll please)..... you will take a pacifier!!!!!!
Your stats:
-14 pounds, 9 ounces (on the cat scale at the clinic)
-Size 2 diapers
-Wearing 3-6 month clothes that are starting to get too short but still have plenty of room
-Sleeping anywhere from 4-6 (once or twice 9 hours) at a time at night
-Still eating at least once at night
-Drink 3 4.5 oz bottles during the day at daycare and nurse for breakfast, dinner, and a 2 am snack

Other exciting things:
-You are teething and love to gum your teething keys, teething beads, the ring that goes in the freezer, and Mommy's knuckles
- I think you try to kiss me on the cheek like I do to you, but you end up just kind of giving me a very slobbery, open mouth fish kiss.
- You still love to be held, but will lean over to see things, especially Ali, and will try to grab anything I am holding
- You are starting to figure out that you can play in the water at bath time. You stare at your hand underwater and splash a little and then try to decide what just happened.

We love you soooooo much Coleman and are honored to get to be your parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment