Wednesday, April 4, 2012

One Month


Coleman Scott Holloway
April 3, 2012
Mr. Coleman~  [Everyone calls you Mr. Coleman, including me, I'm not really sure why]
Really, it's been one month? How is that even possible? I thought time went too quickly when I was pregnant. I don't know how I've already spent that much time with you. Other than one flying trip to Wichita Falls and one hour running errands while you and Daddy took a nap, I have spent the past 31 days getting to know you, learning everything I can about you and how to take care of you better, and falling in love with you. We are beyond fascinated with you. We are amazed at your

~noises: you have started to coo and grunt and find your voice. Sometimes you even laugh in your sleep, which sounds more like a hiccup, but you have a smile on your face and we can tell you are dreaming. We're  also trying to learn the difference in your cries, but don't have you figured out yet. And your screaming- my gracious! It's easy to tell when you've had enough!

~movements: your "Moro reflex" is becoming more and more controlled. Your arms still get a little out of control and I think they scare you sometimes, but now you use them to wave around when you're happy. You also kick your feet around and use them to push yourself forward and "stand", with lots of help, of course. You also use your arms and legs to help you throw the biggest fits ever, flailing sporadically, kicking, grabbing at anything to find some comfort.

~expressions: We have never seen anyone communicate more with his face than you do. You have started smiling, which melts my heart. You have the cutest confused look- you wrinkle your brow and purse your lips. When you are mad- oh my gracious! Your bottom jaw quivers as you scream and then you clamp your lips together and roll your bottom lip out so far and pout. You get really excited when it's time to eat- your eyes get really big and your eyebrows go up and you open your mouth as wide as possible. And then, if we try to give you a pacifier, you get that confused look and then push it out and clamp your lips together and look at me like you are disgusted. I can always tell what you are thinking- and I love that.

~tiny little body: you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Your miniature body is just perfect and you have the softest skin. I am amazed that our Creator used your Daddy and myself to form you. All of your little organs and parts are working just as they should and I am in awe.

~ your features: I remember wondering, with your Daddy, what you would look like. We knew you would have blond hair, blue eyes, and light skin, but you are such a perfect combination of us. You have a ton of blond hair and definitely have Daddy's widow's peak. You have his ears and the "Harrington bump" on your right ear- according to Grandma. We're not sure whose eyes you have, but they are the most gorgeous shade of blue. I think they will be more like Daddy's- mine have lines in them and his are lighter in the center and so far I think they look like his. You also definitely have the Holloway nose. You have very full lips, and while we both have that, again, they have more definition like his do. So, while I can see more of him than me, you seem to have my chin and face shape- which is why everyone thinks you look like me. You also love to hold your right hand up by your face and I love it when you fall asleep on my chest with your arms up above your head like I do.

~your development: I have loved watching you stretch out and grow. You (We) have learned how to nurse and are doing... okay with that. You are holding your head up very well and like tummy time and playing around on you mat. Also, instead of just screaming for everything, you try to get our attention in other ways- and then your scream if we don't get it immediately. You have also started tracking us from side to side with your eyes and will even turn your head to look at us. :)

~your personality: I think that you are going to be a very strong-willed child. You want what you want when you want it. There is no letting you "cry it out". Your mood changes at the drop of a hat- cooing and kicking around one minute and crying the next. It's already quite apparent that you have a temper- we think that comes from Grandaddy. You like to be picked up and everyone tells me I'm spoiling you, but I don't buy it. You are very attached to me, which of course I love, but I worry that you are going to have a hard time when I go back to work. Also, you are very social and if something is going on around you, you have to be looking around and fight sleep to take it all in, if necessary.



Love,
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

  1. You can't spoil a baby! He'll just be confident that you love him! Can't wait to meet sweet Coleman one day.

    ReplyDelete