Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Christmas 2010

Yep, over a month later:

Due to the current stressful situations at the dairy (another post, another day), neither Scott nor I were able to get into the Christmas spirit. I got all of my decorating, shopping and planning done really early in the month. None of the presents I got anyone required any thought, I wasn't really excited to see anyone open their presents, just nothing felt special. Scott and I both got each other boots and bought them in front of each other- no surprize there.

Then there was a big to-do about where and when we would actually spend Christmas. We almost spent Christmas apart, which comes from two strong-willed individuals trying to work out a difficult situation. Technically, it was my family's turn. If we stayed at the diary, I wouldn't see Scott most of the day because it would be just another day, work as usual, and I would basically spend Christmas alone. Also, all of our plans would have revolved around the other recently married couple because their plans aren't ever flexible. What we really wanted to do was just go away somewhere and spend some time together, without work and without the dairy. Long story short, we went to Lamesa on Christmas Eve (didn't leave until after 3 because some cows got out) and came back on the 26th to have open presents with his family.

To add to the endless excitement, I had a nasty stomach bug that kept me from enjoying much of my mother's cooking. I even missed work the next day and lost several pounds. Scott didn't get sick but Kent (step-dad) did and blamed it on me (not super positive it was my fault, the incubation period wasn't right).

The best thing about Christmas this year was getting Scott away from the dairy. He got to sleep in, took two naps, opened presents and ate breakfast in his PJs and got to have a normal day with no work. And I got to spend the whole day with him, which is probably the best gift we could have received.

I'm not sure where we will spend Christmas next year, mostly because I don't know where we will be living. But I do know that because it is on a Sunday, we will be worshipping together and I hope that we don't have to travel anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment