Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Goal #5- Nice to meet cha'!!

Should've written this last Tuesday, oh well.

I RAN 3.1 MILES!!!!!

Thats' right, and without stopping. In about 37 minutes- yay for me!!! My original goal was to run it on February 12th, and I did it on January 31st, nearly 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I am actually signed up to run the 5K part of the CowTown Marathon on February 26th. So really, I met the actual deadline nearly 4 weeks in advance. I was super duper pumped. Due to horrible weather, the gym was closed the rest of the week, but I ran it again on Monday and rubbed a blister on the bottom of my foot in the last lap. It's better now, so I'll go run it again today!

Now I need another goal. Suzan mentioned running a 5K with her brother Kevin for the Race for the Cure. She also mentioned doing the 3-Day for the Cure in DFW next fall. There are other 5Ks around that I could run in, so that would keep me running. I could step it up to a 10K. Not real sure what my next move is.

Sadly, I haven't lost that much weight other than the initial 10 pounds. I can tell I'm more toned, especially in my legs, and my clothes fit a little better, but still not enough. I don't get to the gym as often as I should and allow myself to eat worse than I should (especially because it's so stinkin' frigid outside). I also think I need to add some other kind of cross training to my workouts besides just running. The cardio is great, but I've learned that your muscles get used to certain exercises and kind of plateau. Great. So I've had intentions of adding pilates and doing the other machines and weights at the gym, just haven't gotten around to it.

And so we continue on.

1 comment: