Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Christmas Jammies

Forgot to write about this:

My very favorite Christmas tradition is that we have always gotten PJs on Christmas Eve. I think that was Mom's way of circumventing the inevitable desire to open presents early. Grandma Harrington sent them to us for a long time, but in recent years because of her health, Mom has been in charge.

Since Scott and I have been together, he's gotten to take part in this most fabulous traditon and last year he got to be responsible for my jammies. Now, bear in mind that at that point we were still newlyweds and I thought that would be an excellent chance for him to get me something... slinky. Nope. I got cotton PJ pants and a t-shirt, which I actually do love and wear a lot. So he did a great job, just not what I was expecting.

This year, we were going to be at my parents house, so the rules were it had to be something I could wear in front of them. Also, he was warned that if he forgot them I would be opening presents naked and that might be embarrassing for all parties involved. First of all, when we were leaving to go to Lamesa, he nearly forgot them. Then he had bought the wrong size and I had to borrow some PJs from my mother.

What's really sad and super sweet is that he was so excited and knew exactly what he wanted to get me: men's style button up PJs that were slinky with a pink and black pin-stripe. He said he thought they'd be sexy and socially/parentally acceptable all at the same time. He was so so so super disappointed that he bought the wrong size (and erred on the small side, 2 points for him) because he knew how important the PJs are to me and how excited I get about them. I exchanged them easily and it wasn't a big deal, but what was sweet was that he completely took it to heart and felt like he let me down. What a great guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment