Monday, August 15, 2011

Behind, again

Sorry, August is half-way over and I'm lagging behind. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I have zero energy and motivation, and it's been over 100 degrees for nearly 2 months. Yep, that'll do it for sure!

So what's been going on here. Scott and I went to the Southwest Council YC Annual Meeting the last week in July and had a lot of fun. More on that later. Scott is playing church-league softball every Monday and Thursday. I am the official team cheer-leader. Next year I get a megaphone and pom-poms. Be jealous. We celebrated out 2 year anniversary by spending a few nights in Grapevine. Is it sad that it's a vacation when you get to sleep in past 7, go watch a movie, take your time shopping, and go to a rodeo? Anyhow, that's what we did for two days. It was a nice break, but, as all vacations are, over way too soon and very hard to come back. We did get a little rain last week, for which we are truly grateful, but when the subsoil that is 5 feet below is dry, 7/10ths is like spitting in the Grand Canyon. There are a few other exciting things going on here, but I hope to catch up on those soon in another post. (read: blogging accountability)

No comments:

Post a Comment