Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fun times

We finally decided to let the cat out of the bag, before the grandparents imploded.

Monday, at teacher in-service, one of Suzan's teaching friends announced that her sister-in-law was expecting (about a month after me). Needless to say, she was beside herself and pretty much told Scott that we had to give her permission to tell. By Tuesday, we had finally had called all of the rest of our close friends and gave the grandparents the go-ahead to shout it to the world. We were going to let everyone in on the big secret at church on Wednesday, but, because we live on a dairy and things never go according to plan when you really want to be there, I was the only one that made it.

Soooo.... Sunday Scott broke the news to our Sunday class. I thought David Hall was going to have a stroke, he was so excited. Kenton then announced it by requesting prayers on our behalf from the congregation. What fun!

We are so overwhelmed by the love, support, encouragement, and excitement that everyone has showed us. We received several cards this week and so so many sweet notes on the blog and on facebook. A sweet couple at church even took us out to dinner to celebrate last weekend. It has helped us really get excited about it. Scott even mentioned "feeding the baby" in his devo last night at church. I can't wait for everyone to meet our little blessing!

Oh! AND on Tuesday I ultrasounded myself again. I can't believe how big our little baby has gotten in the last 10 days. It measured 6 centimeters, you could definitely see well formed tiny arms and legs and facial features, and it's heartbeat was 138 beats per minute. The little booger was moving sooooo much! First it was leaping around, then it rolled over, then it waved at me, and it seemed to be sucking it's thumb for a little while. I have promised Auntie Kendra and Suzan that we will come up and scan me next weekend when she is home for labor day. Can. Not. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment