Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Not "preventing"

June 13, 2011

This will be the first in a series of blogs that will remain unpublished until further notice.

So.... big news! Scott and I have decided to start a family!!!! (Big smile here)

Actually, this decision was made in March. Yes, I'm a little behind. I've been wanting to blog about this but it's technically a public blog and we decided that he and I would be the only ones to know about it. Then today I had a stroke of genius: write all the blogs you want and then publish them when the time comes to make the big announcement!

So in March: we're at the DFA Annual Meeting and Scott, out of the blue, says, "Let's make a baby." Just two weeks prior we'd had the when-are-we-going-to-start-trying talk and he'd said let's wait a while. I have no idea what changed his mind and he doesn't really either, but the decision was made! I finished out the month on the Pill and then tossed them. We waited a little while to let my cycle get back to normal and we are now officially "not preventing."

The difference in "trying" and "not preventing" is that when you are trying you actually are attempting to pinpoint ovulation and making sure there is sperm present to fertilize an egg. As of right now, we are simply having a great time and not stressing about when or taking temperature or counting the days. We're just having fun.

I'm actually really excited about this and I know that other people would be, too. It's also fun that it's our little secret. Every time I see a baby or kids or a pregnant woman I get really excited thinking, "That could be me soon!" I also have the fleeting thought of, "we could've just made a baby!!" Or when someone asks me when we're going to start a family and I don't give them a straight answer. Or like when Kendra told me Saturday that she couldn't wait until we have kids so she could spoil them and buy it some Tech baby stuff. Like I said, I'm excited! Hope you are, too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment