Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The BIG reveal

August 1, 2011

Yesterday was Scott's grandpa's birthday, but we had the family celebration on Friday night because Kenton, Suzan, and Kendra were headed West on Saturday morning. The traditional cake and homemade ice cream were on hand as well as some tasty chili dogs! 

For his birthday, we gave Grandpa a framed picture of this ultrasound photo. He didn't know what it was but admired it politely. I then told him it was the first picture of his first great-grandbaby. Grandma Holloway's reaction was the best- a sweet little excited "oooohhh!!!" face. We showed them the video of the heart beat and they were so excited and gave the other greats, the grands, and auntie Kendra a copy of the pic as well. Still not telling the world, but a lot of the family knows now.

Sunday, Grandpa told me he had written the following verse on the back of the picture:

"For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in your book they are all written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them."
~ Psalm 139:13-16

Side note: My mom and step-dad Kent were supposed to come for a visit this weekend but their plans changed. I had been waiting to tell them they were going to be grandparents until I could see them face to face, but I had to tell them over the phone (sorry, forgot to write about that the other day). They are super excited! In fact, yesterday, Mom sent us a package addressed to Mommy and Daddy Holloway. It was a really cute rubber-ducky onsie!! I think she may be excited, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment