Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Skeet Shoot

July 3, 2011

Yesterday, we went to the 10th Annual Good Ole Boys Skeet Shoot. It's put on by my cousins Frank and Jeff and hosted at Martha and Rollin's farm. We had 57 shooters go through 6 different stations, we ate some yummy sausage, and even had a brief rain intermission. It was especially fun to watch Scott and Shane compete against each other, to witness that friendly brotherly rivalry. They must've been a fun pair to watch grow up.

Also, there were 2 newborns, 4 pregnant women (5!), and countless references to me having a child by Martha, Kendra, Misty, and even Skip. Maybe I'm extra sensitive and on high alert, but oh my goodness, it was hard to keep quiet! Ansley was running all over the place and Kendra and Martha had a nice little conversation about that was how I looked when I was little (except plumper) and that our children would look like that. Kendra wants to be an aunt soooo badly. I want to tell her, but we can't discriminate against other family members, so we have to keep quiet. Boo.

Also, I got a ton of compliments at church this morning for looking beautiful. Either I'm already glowing (doubtful) or I just look happy. Which I am! Scott came in this morning and asked how his little family was doing this morning. He also prayed the other night for "our little baby." I cried. Typing those words almost makes me tear up again.

Our. Little. Baby.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment